Welcome!

If your not a member yet please sign up and join our PSO community Smile

Welcome!

If your not a member yet please sign up and join our PSO community Smile

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated Phantasy Star Online Community (Please register!)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» General- News
Great IGN Acrticles EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 10:34 pm by Spade88

» Music High Rise
Great IGN Acrticles EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:58 am by Spade88

» PSO2 English Patch
Great IGN Acrticles EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 5:56 am by Spade88

» Needing an Xbox Live Account/Gamertag
Great IGN Acrticles EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 11:23 pm by Spade88

» [Infinity version] post your favourite pics or just any cool game pics
Great IGN Acrticles EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 3:23 pm by God Eater Elly

» Spade88 Intro
Great IGN Acrticles EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:08 am by Temporary_User

» What are you watching (That is non-anime)
Great IGN Acrticles EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:06 pm by Spade88

» Movie Paradise
Great IGN Acrticles EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:24 am by Spade88

» Random Game or Anime Pics...
Great IGN Acrticles EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:54 am by Spade88

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of on your social bookmarking website
Guests Counter
tomcat hosting | diseƱo imagen corporativa

Great IGN Acrticles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spade88
Admin/Cerberus Leader
Admin/Cerberus Leader
Spade88

Great IGN Acrticles Empty
PostSubject: Great IGN Acrticles   Great IGN Acrticles EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:29 am

Why I prefer local multiplayer, and playing cards at a table to playing ANY game online
(March 4, 2012 by EvilZeroraven)

I enjoy online games to an extent so don't think i'm writing this to hate on the concept or the reality in this case. Online gaming is becoming the norm in games and while I like the option I dislike the fact that more and more games are removing local options. It's what games are having less and less of these days are options. Just five years or so ago almost every game with multiplayer offered splitscreen or same screen play and even on Xbox 360 every one of them had system link play. The fact that even system link is fading into history is a cause for concern IMO. Me and my brother still love to buy two copies of games so we can play in the same room but the fact that we have to make sure they have a damn system link option is just stupid...

Games right off the top of my head that I would still play to this day due to the local play options are as follows

Phantasy Star Online (Gamecube)

Mario Kart Games (Nintendo systems)

Time Splitters 2 (Gamecube)

Goldeneye (N64)

ANY Halo game (Xbox systems)

Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 (Xbox)

Like I said, off the top of my head those are some games i'd play at this very moment if anyone I know personally suggested them. What's going to happen to your future games such as Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Revelations? Or how about Battlefield Bad Company 1& 2 or Battlefield 3? Those games will literally die in due time when the servers are shut down and you'll likely NEVER get to play those games like you once did again. Sure, playing splitscreen can be an aggravating experience sometimes with screen lookers, smaller screens, and having to have multiple controllers but is it so bad having the option?

The Wii U could solve some of these issues with it's impressive tech allowing everyone their own screen. No one is positive how many controllers can be connected though so there's that or atleast I don't. The 3DS could even be used as a controller and stream the game onto it's screens as well. I'm not even sure I want a Wii U because the name is lame and I wasn't too fond of the Wii but the fact that it could single handily allow a "revolution" in local gaming has me intrigued. You could say that the PsVita and PS3 allow the same thing but it's a very pricey endeavor where as if we all bought Wii U's for instance we would all have our own controllers to take to friend's houses and game it up.

Most of the time when I play an online game I just hear douche bags blabbing about how some player sucks or how some guy is a (Enter Racial Slur here). It just gets tiring listening to these people. Sure I could mute them but sometimes you need to know what people are saying and may even need to communicate to have a good strategy. In a local game for instance with people around me no one would dare say any of the things you hear from random strangers online and if they did say something of the sort i'd personally punch them in the face or atleast verbally confront them face to face and not be some pussy behind a microphone.

People get this big headed ego when no one can confront them in person. I highly doubt any of these people who tell everyone dirty things, call girls sluts, or call people of a different color a racist word would EVER say that to these people's faces. It's just cowardly and one of my main reasons for not playing online in games unless i'm with friends. I just can't stand to hear these blabbing idiots go on and on. Sadly it's not only these "13" year olds people speak of as it's adults and older teenagers that do it as well and overall it's just sad....

The fact that most modern games won't even be complete in the future is sad. Why add all these multiplayers in games when they'll be down in the next ten years and I won't be able to even play a local match or even a bot match? That's why I love my older games and hate to get rid of them because I know I can always get alot of time out of those games with friends where as with games like Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Battlefield games, and various other multiplayer heavy games they'll just be a dust of their former self. Who the HELL wants to play Battlefield 3's singleplayer only in ten years? I guess you could say that the companies could just "re-release" them in the future but that's bullshit because games like Phantasy Star Online on Gamecube live long and prosper because of a little thing called "Local Play"

So F&%K Modern Multiplayer!

These are the reasons i'd rather play cards at a table instead of in an online game so to speak

Article Link:
http://www.ign.com/blogs/evilzeroraven/2012/03/04/why-i-prefer-local-multiplayer-and-playing-cards-at-a-table-to-playing-any-game-online/
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/layfette0911

Great IGN Acrticles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Video Games, RPGS, and CCGs-
Jump to: